• LinkedIn Social Icon
  • Facebook Social Icon

Yosefa R. Huber, CPA is a division of KYC Israel Research Services, Ltd

©2019 by Yosefa Huber

January 14, 2020

This post was origininally published on March 2, 2017 and has been updated to reflect current filing thresholds.

Whether you owe taxes, or need to file a tax return at all, will depend on both your income and “filing status”. I’d like to present a brief overview of income and filing status, and how to figure out if you meet the filing threshold for a given year.

Not sure if you need to file a tax return? First, determine your "Gross Income" – add...

July 16, 2019

Where do you start? Every week I speak to US citizens living abroad who didn’t realize they were supposed to be filing US income tax returns every year. Many call me because they heard they could get $1,000 from the US government for each child.  Here’s what you should know. If you have children with social security numbers, you CAN get up to $1,000 per child. (More on refundable credits in a future post.) What many people don’t realize is th...

February 15, 2017

The average U.S. citizen or Green card holder ("U.S. person") has two main annual requirements to report to the U.S. government. 1. Report worldwide INCOME to the Internal Revenue Service 2. Report foreign financial ASSETS to the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN), a division of the U.S. Department of Treasury

Please reload

Recent Posts

Please reload


Please reload